Saturday, June 20, 2009

Gratitude journalling.

Today was one of those unexpectedly perfect days. It started off raining cats and dogs...so much so that our dog (a Saint Bernard) was too frightened to venture outside. Slowly the weather changed. Amid the hustle and bustle of a day filled with errands and mom's taxi service, a call came in from hubby saying we had been invited to spend the hot, sunny, afternoon and dinner hour with friends. I was on that like flies on, well, you know, because my original plans for the day entailed housework of the monontonous variety.

Let's just say my housework is still waiting for me. Life is precious. I've heard from many people in many places that "this life of ours is not a dress rehearsal. You only get one shot at this." I frequently tell clients to create a gratitude journal where you list 5 things you are grateful for that made today special. Here's my list for today:
1. I'm grateful that my daughter did not have to play soccer in the rain.
2. I'm grateful that we were on time and even early for an appointment.
3. I'm grateful to have found out that our neighbours are indeed installing a 7-hole par 5 golf course in their backyard!!! (it's been killing me to know what they have been up to with all that dirt)
4. I'm grateful to have been invited out for dinner and fun this afternoon.
5. I'm grateful for the luxury of having air conditioning and a pool on a hot day. May I never take them for granted.

Have a good night! I'm off to an early slumber (another source of gratitude).

No comments:

Post a Comment