Thursday, May 14, 2009

Are you a member of twitter nation?

I recently joined the twitter nation by signing up for a twitter account. At first, I didn't get the big deal. Afterall, it's just like the status line from facebook but it's ONLY your status...in 140 characters or less. I began studying the different ways users applied twitter and discovered that my preferred use is not the intended use.

Do not "follow me" if you want to know what I had for dinner or what television programs I'm switching between. Do not "follow me" if you want me to know much of my personal information at all. DO "FOLLOW ME" if you want links to current information that is of interest to seniors and caregivers in the Great Lakes region of Canada.

P.S. I think it's an interesting commentary on popular media that Ashton Kutcher has more followers than CNN Breaking News and can single-handedly raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for his charity of choice with a single Ding Dong Ditch dare. http://http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/05/14/cnn.kutcher.prank/index.html

Hope to see you there!

www.twitter.com/thriveology

No comments:

Post a Comment